Wedding licenses must certanly be required in individual.
- A wedding permit should be bought prior to getting married and can be used within half a year or it shall expire.
- A permit purchased in Minnesota is legitimate just in Minnesota and cannot be properly used in every other state.
- Applicants needs to be 18 years old to have a license (without parental permission). Be ready to present identification that is valid.
- Both events needs to be current to try to get a married relationship permit. If one celebration can’t be current, they need to supply A supplemental that is notarized marriage Application (PDF) and a finished, notarized Marriage License Application.
- Each applicant must make provision for: full appropriate title, target, date and put of delivery, phone figures and social security figures (whether they have one).
- Each applicant must make provision for after-marriage name(s) and target.
Cost: $115Reduced price (you are qualified after finishing 12 hours of premarital counseling): $40
Proof premarital guidance is necessary at period of application. If you don’t have the desired kind, down load and statements that are complete just before using. Statements should be on church or therapist letterhead, finalized by the individual doing the guidance and notarized.
Submit an application for a wedding permit Make an application for a wedding license
Finish the steps that are following request a wedding permit within our office.
- Down load and complete Marriage permit Application (PDF), or select up a credit card applicatoin in any office.
- Sign the application form in the working workplace screen (signature must certanly be witnessed).
- Offer evidence of guidance, if using for reduced cost.
- If divorced or widowed, supply the date and put of former marriage(s).
- Offer recognition, such as for instance driver’s license, state-issued recognition card or passport.
- Pay money, money or check order payable to Ramsey County. We currently accept debit or credit cards.
Saint Paul – Ramsey County Public Wellness Center555 Cedar Street, Saint Paul MN 55101
Please arrive 1/2 hour ahead of shutting to make sure solutions. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Thursday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Permit by mail
You will be expected to offer the target for which you would really like the permit delivered in the event that you choose optional mailing.
Civil marriages Civil marriages
You must contact a judge who can perform a wedding ceremony if you are interested in a civil marriage ceremony. Minnesota doesn’t have any Justices associated with Peace. Referees cannot perform marriages and never all judges need to perform marriages.
Minor wedding (under 18 many years of age) Minor marriage (under 18 years of age)
You will need to call 651-266-5115 for further information if you are under 18 years of age and interested in getting married.
Appropriate title change Legal title modification
Included in marriage
If you’re changing your title within the wedding permit procedure, you have to suggest that fact in the wedding permit application. When you yourself have been convicted of the felony on or after August 1, 2000, there clearly was a 30-day procedure that needs to be followed ahead of the wedding permit may be given because of the name modification.
The other applicant must provide a notarized Supplemental Marriage License Application (PDF) if the person changing their name is not present at the time of application.
Outside of wedding
Appropriate title modifications (aside from those done through wedding) are managed by the District Court of this county you your location.
Ramsey county residents call the Civil Court 651-266-8253 or install instructions and kinds through the Ramsey District Court web site.