by Keith Cousins and Elizabeth Naismith Picciani , Columbia Journalism Investigations
Columbia Journalism Investigations and ProPublica analyzed a lot more than 150 incidents of intimate attack involving dating apps, culled from 10 years of news reports, civil legal actions and criminal history records. Read our findings.
WeвЂ™re perhaps perhaps not done digging. Now we truly need YOUR tale.
Are you currently suffering from intimate physical physical physical violence after utilizing Match, OKCupid, Tinder or virtually any dating application? Even although you didnвЂ™t report it, please fill our survey out.
Concerns? Contact our reporters at: email protected .
We require as much tales from dating app users as you possibly can. Share this together with your family and friends.
- Your details will never be posted without your authorization.
- The study shall just simply just take about seven minutes.
- You are able to elect to enable a reporter to get hold of you.
For those who have been suffering from intimate attack and wants private help and help, please phone the nationwide Sexual Assault Hotline at 800-656-4673 to speak with an experienced staff user from the nearby team that can help victims of intimate attack.
Keith Cousins is a reporter that is investigative for Columbia Journalism Investigations. E-mail him at email protected and follow him on Twitter @KeithJCousins.
Elizabeth Naismith Picciani can be an investigative reporter for Columbia Journalism Investigations. Email her at email protected and follow her on Twitter @ElizabethPicc.
Latest Tales from ProPublica
Why Do Nonwhite Georgia Voters Have to hold back in Line all day? Their Numbers Have Soared, and Their Polling Places Have Actually Dwindled.
Whom Decides Whenever Vaccine Studies Are Complete? Internal Documents Show Fauci Plays a vital Part.
Electionland: Absentee Vote Tracking, Drop Boxes, Poll Watchers and much more
PennsylvaniaвЂ™s Rejection of 372,000 Ballot Applications Bewilders Voters and Strains Election Staff
Republish This whole story 100% free
Many thanks for the fascination with republishing this tale. You might be are absolve to republish it provided that the following is done by you:
- You need to credit us. Within the byline, we choose вЂњAuthor Name, ProPublica.вЂќ towards the top of the text of one’s tale, come with line that checks out: вЂњThis story had been initially posted by ProPublica.вЂќ You need to connect the term вЂњProPublicaвЂќ to your URL that is original of tale.
- If youвЂ™re republishing online, you need to url to the Address of the tale on propublica.org, consist of all the links from our tale, including our publication register language and website link, and make use of our PixelPing label.
- If you are using canonical metadata, please use the ProPublica Address. To learn more about canonical metadata, view here.
- You canвЂ™t modify our product, except to mirror changes that are relative time, location and editorial design. (for instance, вЂњyesterdayвЂќ could be changed to вЂњlast week,вЂќ and вЂњPortland, Ore.вЂќ to вЂњPortlandвЂќ or вЂќ that isвЂњhere
- You simply cannot republish our photographs or pictures without particular authorization. Please contact email protected .
- It is ok to place our tales on pages with adverts, not advertisements particularly sold against our tales. You canвЂ™t state or imply donations to your company help ProPublicaвЂ™s work.
- You canвЂ™t offer our product individually or syndicate it. Including publishing or syndicating our work with platforms or apps such as for example Apple Information, Bing News, etc.
- You canвЂ™t republish our product wholesale, or immediately; you will need to pick tales to be republished independently. (to check out syndication or certification possibilities, contact our Vice President of company developing, Celeste LeCompte.)
- You canвЂ™t utilize our strive to populate an online site made to enhance positions on the search engines or entirely to get income from network-based adverts.
- We usually do not generally allow interpretation of our tales into another language.
- Any website our stories show up on must add a prominent and effective method to contact you.
- In the event that you share republished tales on social media, weвЂ™d appreciate being tagged in your articles. We now have formal reports for ProPublica and ProPublica Illinois on both Twitter and Twitter.
Copy and paste the next into the web web page to republish: